Latest process in applying for Philippine Passport in DFA East (Megamall)
We are still thankful that the process for our application went fast after waiting for three 3 hours.
Applying in DFA East (Megamall) is always a good choice because it’s part of a mall. When we were asked to wait for three 3 hours, at first, we were surprised because it wasn’t part of the plan. I even regretted myself for not reading more blogs about it. Thank God we were in a mall!
After doing other activities just to kill time, let me share with you our process this time.
- I showed the stab given to me at the lady guard. Thank you for letting us in even though we came in fifteen (15) minutes earlier.
- When we got in, we proceed to Step A where I showed the following:
a. application form I downloaded here (No Signature and date).
b. Photocopy of my passport (Mother’s passport)
c. My baby’s original birth certificate from NSO.
Note: Only these documents were given because my child is Illegitimate.
We still have to wait a bit because we were the third one in the priority line. After giving the documents, the guy did something on this computer and we were given a number for the Step B.
3. In step B, the three of us came in the window, showed the documents brought, signed the application form and gave us a receipt.
We waited our number to be called for Step B. The waiting time wasn’t long. I even brought out my original passport and my driver’s license but the lady didn’t even bother looking at it. I was then thinking if I should have left them at home instead 🙂 She checked all the documents and asked me to sign the application form with date. After giving us the receipt, we were told to proceed at the cashier.
4. At the cashier, present only RECEIPT and CASH
It is written all over the cashier to present only these. We paid PHP 1,200 (Rush: 5-7 working days) for this because it is a Saturday and it’s their rule. Waiting time? I think it was less than five 5 minutes.
5. Put the paper face down on the table beside window 18 (see below picture) and wait for your name to be called.
6. Window 20 was where we were called. Since our baby was asleep in my hands, my husband were asked to sign on a paper, it looks like an attendance.
We woke our baby to have her picture taken. Since she can sit with support, we were asked to put a box on a chair, and our baby were sitted there to have her picture taken. The guy from Window 18 were called though, I think he is the expertise for babies, as I remember, it was also him who took a picture for our first born.
After the picture were taken, we were ask to verify the details on the computer and I was asked to signed in an electronic pad.
7. The last part was the delivery, we gave the receipt to the delivery service and paid PHP 150. Yes, we are still in the priority lane that we skipped about 10 people in line.
Are you a priority but asked to come back? Check this article.